9 am to 6 pm

Monday to Friday

1 Paya Lebar Link

#06-08 PLQ2 Paya Lebar Quarter,Singapore 408533

+65 6381 6996 (Real Estate)

+65 6381 6391 (Valuation)

Compare Listings

Sembawang site put up for sale to pilot dementia-care village

Sembawang site put up for sale to pilot dementia-care village

Singapore

THE Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), on behalf of the Ministry of Health (MOH), has launched a site in Gibraltar Crescent for sale by public tender to pilot a new residential care community concept for people with dementia.

The site, with a 30-year lease, is near Sembawang Park and comprises a cluster of 10 state bungalows sitting on two plots of land. The larger plot is 26,350.7 sq m, and the other, 1,756.3 sq m.

The maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) is 9,170 sq m, with another 900 sq m for extensions to the 10 existing buildings.

The plots are zoned as residential. At least 60 per cent of the site’s GFA must be used for residential development; the remaining 40 per cent can be turned over for residential use, health and medical-care use, shops and restaurants (up to 200 sq m) and/or other ancillary institutional uses.

The URA will use a concept-and- price revenue tender for this sale to ensure the selected concept proposal aligns with the vision for the dementia-care village, it said. Tenderers will submit their concept proposals and tender prices separately.

The concept proposals will be evaluated against criteria such as suitability of the proposed overall model of care for persons with dementia and quality of the care programmes and services.

Shortlisted concepts will proceed to the second stage for evaluation, which will be based on price only. The tender closes at noon on Nov 19.

The dementia-care village will be specially designed to provide a safe, home-like environment where residents are given help to live independently, said the URA.

It will provide tailored services and programmes to create meaningful participation and social interactions among its residents.

The URA said: “Through collaboration with nearby community partners, the village is also expected to provide better access to supporting services and amenities in the wider community for persons with dementia and their families.”

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/sembawang-site-put-up-for-sale-to-pilot-dementia-care-village

img

RHT Realty

Related posts

Webinar – Find Out How Property Investors are Benefitting From UK Stamp Duty Holiday

...

Continue reading
by rhtreal

We are pleased to announce that our RHT Valuation and Advisory team has been empanelled into Bank of Singapore panel of approved valuers, adding to our list of existing panels to bring greater convenience and value to our clients. Reach out to us to find out more.

...

Continue reading
by RHT Realty

Singapore Shopping Centre on en bloc market with S$255m reserve price

Singapore SINGAPORE Shopping Centre has put itself on the collective sale market with a reserve...

Continue reading
by RHT Realty